Saturday, April 21, 2007

REFLECTIVE BLOGGING 6

This week I still want to talk about my last skype exchange. As far as our class wiki is concerned, it's developing more and more. Our last page was on 'water resources' both in Italy and in USA. I learned a lot about the Vajont dam and the Mississippi river.
This week my skype exchange with Tulane was again with Bari..this time I asked her how they pronounce her name in America, she said it's pronounced like the word 'berry'. It was our last skype exchange because they finish university this month and next week we are going to do some sort of a collective exchange with a video too!!
However, this week Bari and I talked about her group's final presentation. They did it on recycling in Italy and presented it to an association in order to suggest some new ideas concerning recycling. In fact, as we were able to notice when we analysed this topic in class, they are having many problems with recycling because of the hurricane Katrina. So we mainly talked about how they organized their collaborative work and their presentation. Then I told her about what topic my group was thinking to analyse for our final presentations (immigration) and she gave me the name of an important corporation of the US which looks forward to prohibit illegal immigration in America. It is called 'minuteman'. I searched for more information about it on the Internet and perhaps I'll talk about it in my final presentation.
Moreover, we talked a little about water resources in the US and in Itlay. She told me about the dangerous floods of the Mississippi in New Orleans and this is why I decided to talk about this river in the 'Water resources in the US' page.
That's about it for the moment!

Isabella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home