Wednesday, March 07, 2007

REFLECTIVE BLOGGING ON RECYCLING

I have just begun a new course at university. In this course my clessmates and I are trying to develope a wiki writing in it about several topics. The first one we started with is Recycling in the Veneto. I have just begun to get into this topic because I really did not know much about it before and we never talked about it at school. Little by little I'm getting to know new information, e.g. what can be done with our garbage, how many things can be transformed into useful ones if they are divided properly by us humans. This especially has cought my attention and in the next weeks I'd like to read and learn more about this part of this subject because I think it is really interesting.
Moreover, the last time we went to lesson we experienced a very nice exchange of ideas with some students on the Tulane University of New Orleans. In the beginning I felt a little uncomfortable because I had to talk to someone I did not know in English and about a topic that is actually new to me! But then as soon as I started talking to this student called Lia, I found out how fun it was. I was impressed at how good she spoke in italian even if with a lot of effort. Talking to her I learned many things about recycling in New Orleans and also in New York (she comes from New York) but above all she told me about what hurricane Katrina caused and what the situation is now because of that disaster. Then we also talked about Italy in general and also about the States.. I really had a good time!

Isabella

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Dear Isabella,

As a shy person I can imagine it's not easy, so I'm impressed that you managed to do it (and enjoy it!). It's also good to hear you're learning something from the wiki creation - I am too!

Sarah

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home